Monday, January 30, 2012

It's All About the Details

One of my favorite ways to add big  impact to a room is to take something basic and customize it. (Or as Emeril would say...."kick it up a notch".) I think small details in a room are the best way to add personality and interest. Usually for very little money.


For example. This was a VERY basic brown leather tray from Target. It was fine how it was, but I knew I could improve it.

I took a scrap piece of mat board, cut to the size of the tray's bottom, and wrapped a couple bucks worth of fabric around it, securing with packing tape.

Pop it in the tray and it's done!
And the best part? I can change out the fabric whenever I want.
 It doesn't get much easier than that.
Bam!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Allred said...

Shannon....I am just LOVING your blog. Keep it coming. I'm officially STEALING this idea for my living room! Thanks!

And....is there a way we can submit a "Hey Shannon, How would YOU do this?' project? I'd love your advice. :)

Shannon Baker said...

I'm glad you like it! it's been fun blogging, and it's nice to know someone out there is enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

I have that same exact tray...guess I need to make a trip to the fabric store. Thanks for the idea! I love seeing pics of your beautiful home, keep them coming!

Archive