Monday, April 2, 2012

Table Makeover

Sometimes (OK, most of the time) I get an itching to do a little update on something I already own.
This time it was this half round table that sits in the hallway outside our master bedroom.
The table was in perfect shape, it was just feeling a little bland.

Forgive me for not taking a before picture of it in my house.

First step...sand it a bit.
I really only sand the flat surfaces that I know will take the wear and tear.

Next, prime it.
This is the first time I've used spray primer. I know...what was I thinking before this? Spray primer was so much faster!

Here she is all primed and ready for paint.

Next, a couple of coats of Behr's "Swiss Coffee". It's my go-to soft white color.
I use a foam roller. it's so easy to get in all the nooks and crannies, and makes the paint go on super smooth.
I also sanded down the edges a bit. I think it gives painted furniture a little more interest.

And here it is.
Light, bright and feeling like a brand new piece of furniture!

I also changed out the hardware. I am in serious LOVE with this red "faucet" knob from Hobby Lobby.

And underneath? My favorite wire basket. I have a thing for wire baskets.
What can I paint next..............?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Love it! Swiss Coffee is my go to white paint also. The table looks so much happier now.

Lindsey Smith said...

you are so talented! Love it!

pam {simple details} said...

Love your table & mirror, Shannon! I haven't ever used spray primer, guess it's time I try it! Pretty styling, too!

Archive