Sunday, July 8, 2012

Emily's Room- Part 1

OK.....It's not 100% finished, but I thought it was about time I posted some pictures of Emily's room makeover. We're pretty happy with how it's turned out so far.
First of all, we painted over the lavender and soft green walls with a couple of great neutrals. Both are Glidden colors (my new favorite paint). The top is "Natural Linen", and the bottom is "Autumn Haze". The bedding took 3 times to get right. I'm sure the employees of Homegoods are tired of me returning stuff. In the end we went with a basic white quilt, orange sheets, and a couple of fun pillows.

 Here's the sham I made and an orange chevron pillow from TJ Maxx.
 
This blue striped throw is probably my favorite thing in the whole room. It's just so fresh and pretty!
The stool is from Ikea, painted in a soft blue/gray.
 
The orange lamp is from Hobby Lobby and the chalkboard is from Homegoods. The blue shelf was hers, but I painted it navy blue and distressed it a bit.

 We created this little desk area at the foot of her bed. The desk was originally a square table I found at a thrift store. I LOVE the faux bamboo legs on it! It's been cut in half and attached to the wall to make a two legged desk. The beach sign I made from an old kitchen cabinet door, and the lamp is a million years old- i just spray painted the shade blue to update it a bit.

 The orange chair is from a friend's yard sale. It's been spray painted a couple of different colors over the years. I'm totally digging the orange!
 
This beach bucket looks authentic, but it's actually a ceramic piece. Perfect for stashing treasures.
 Our goal was to create a "Coastal" feel without it being too cheesy. Light, bright, fresh and much more grown up. And the best part was working on it with Emily!

Stay tuned for the second half of the room!

1 comment:

Stonez said...

So you are THE ONE to come to for painting advice. I've had some furniture painting bad luck :(

Archive