Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finished Drapes

They're done!
The drapes in my front room were definitely a labor of love.
I figured I spent at least 9 hours sewing them, but I think they were worth the effort.

I started with 98 inch off white Ikea drapery panels.
I bought this nice thin woven brown fabric and cut my stripes.

I did a lot of this.......

And a lot of this........

  But I absolutely LOVE them!


Here's a little detail of the stripe.




Two windows, four panels, sixteen stripes.
I used an ENTIRE full size spool of thread.
But I couldn't be happier with the results.

4 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

Sweetness for sure!! Great job!!!!

F Montierth said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see it in person. I don't think I'll recognize your home when I get there! ;0)

The Barb Chronicles said...

Be-u-tiful!! Love how it turned out!!

Becky said...

Wow, they look great! Your whole house looks great!

Archive