Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our Front Room


I realized it was about time I posted pictures of our front room. I've been doing a little updating, and would like to do a little more, but here it is for now.
We've had out furniture forever, but it's still in good shape, and neutral enough. The coffee table was one of the first real "grown up" pieces of furniture we bought as newlyweds. I still like it, it's heavy and big and I dig the finish.
The two gold frames were purchased when I worked for Aaron Brothers Art and Frame Store (back before I was married). They're custom and were really expensive, but I got them for a steal because the person who ordered them never came back to pick them up. I think I paid $50 each, and the retail was $250 each.
They've had different prints and photos in them through the years, currently they have photographs we took on our Paris trip last year.

 Pillows are one of my loves. These are from TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and Furniture Affair.

Our piano, which gets plenty of use these days since all four kids are taking lessons.

Frames are hard for me to resist. I love this set of rustic painted wood ones. The colors are so pretty.




My grandparents.

This mirror is kind of fun. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's layers of thin wood with a painted polka dot pattern. Again...Home Goods.

It hangs above our computer desk, because I'm a stickler for having the computer in a public space.


Little faux plants from Ikea hide my silhouette machine.

My "reading corner". The new picture from Ikea, and the comfiest seat in the house.


The rectangular shade on this lamp is what sold me on it. I like how modern it is, paired with the more traditional elements in the room.

I love books.
And birds.
And mercury glass.

Retro Walmart fan. A necessity in Phoenix.
Another of my favorite lamps. I have a bit of a thing for lamps.
Like I said before, they're a few more things I'd like to change, but overall I like how it's coming together.

2 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

Like!

Stonez said...

So awesome Shannon, I really love it!

Archive