Friday, March 29, 2013

Breakfast of Champions

 
OK.......I'm not really a champion, but I am pretty crazy about breakfast smoothies. I start almost every single day with one, and on days I miss I never feel quite as energetic.
 
I know there are a ton of recipes out there, but this is what I do and what I love the most.
 
I use my Magic Bullet. (What? you don't have one? Run yourself over to Costco and pick one of these puppies up. You won't regret it.) It's so easy to do a single serve smoothie and it crushes ice like nobodies business.
 
I throw in whatever fruit I've got. Usually strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple and bananas.
I usually add spinach too, I was just out today. I also add a bit of ice.
 
I add a scoop of Chia and Flax seed blend, and a heaping tablespoon of dried goji berries. If I'm going to drink a smoothie I might as well pack it with some extra nutrients and fiber.

I add a half of a serving of vanilla protein powder. It keeps me full and I know I do better when I have protein in the morning.

I fill the cup the rest of the way up with either skim or almond milk, throw the blade on the magic bullet cup and blend away.
It takes all of 20 seconds to smoothify.

Take the blade off, add a ring to the rim, and enjoy.
Sooooooooooo good!

No comments:

Archive