Monday, November 25, 2013

Merry & Bright

My friend Barb and I got crafty this week and made some reindeer Christmas art.
 
Here's what we did:
 
We started with a piece of MDF cut to 18x24".
 
I drew and cut a deer head stencil out of poster board that we would use to draw the shape on the board.
 
We painted the MDF a soft white,

taped off the stripes, masked the area for the head, and painted them black.

We removed the tape and did several coats of gold paint on the deer body. The gold did not cover very well, it took a lot of coats to make it work.

We traced the antlers on glittered card stock, cut them out, and attached them to the board.
I also sanded it a bit to give it a distressed look.
 
I added the vinyl quote to mine to give it a little more interest.
 
I love the glittery antlers.


It was a pretty easy project, and I can't wait to add it to my Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Archive