Monday, November 4, 2013

The Big Garage Cleanup

I'm embarrassed to show you what a dump our garage had become. But here it is. Years of stuff piled up and shoved in our third car spot (with absolutely no way to be able to park our third car).
It had gotten to the point where we couldn't stand it anymore. So off we went to Home Depot to buy some big shelving units, and lots of trash bags to get this mess in order.
 

We spent most of the day sorting, bagging, boxing, and cleaning. It's not completely finished, but we made amazing progress.

We got most everything off the floor, and up on the shelves. My plan now is to get everything out of cardboard boxes, and into plastic bins with labels. I'd also like a couple more shelves, so we have a little more room to expand.

I haven't seen this much floor space in years!
I know it's not perfect, but it's a huge improvement!

Archive