Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Party Centerpieces

 
I got the fun task of doing the table decorations for our Christmas party at my church. My friend Barb was in charge of the whole thing and had come up with the great idea to do it all with natural elements and colors- no bright reds or greens, just neutrals with gold and silver accents.
I really didn't want to spend much money either, so I repurposed some things I already owned, and used a lot of free things from nature.
We also served the meal family style, so there had to be plenty of room for the food to be on the table.
 
Here's what I came up with for the 27 tables:
I cut 28" squares of butcher paper and stamped cream polka dot's on them. I topped them with muslin square table toppers that Barb sewed. I cut paper stars, glittered them, and used wire picks to stick them out of silver buckets filled with moss. The pine cones were collected and dipped in gold paint, and the branches in glass vases came from neighborhood trees. I also repurposed the glittered votive holders from the wedding I did back in May.
 

Once the food was on the tables, the lights were dimmed, and the faux candles and twinkle lights were turned on- it looked pretty amazing.

No comments:

Archive