Friday, December 20, 2013

Kitchen Curtains

My mini kitchen makeover is in full swing. I spent the first part of the week painting (more on that later), and now I'm working on the fun part- decorating!
The color scheme and inspiration for the room came from this ikat fabric. My friend Barb had used this fabric for some drapes she made for a client, and gave me a scrap piece- just big enough to do two panels on either side of my kitchen window.
 
 
My sewing skills are limited, even for an easy project like this, so my mom came and helped me finish them - she's the queen of the perfect hem.
 
Because I wanted to hang the panels inside the window frame, I used a closet dowel instead of a traditional drapery rod. 
I love how they soften the window and bring in some much needed color and pattern.
I'm now on the hunt for some artwork- something with color and high impact, and better, more colorful counter top storage & accessories.
Much more to come!
 

No comments:

Archive