Friday, January 3, 2014

A Great Crate

A couple of days before Christmas our friends, the Hirschi's, surprised us with this amazing wood crate they made.

The best part...............was that they made it from this! The Christmas float that we worked on together. It was sad to see it torn down after the parade, so it was really touching to get a piece of it back.

They even added a little label with the theme of the float.
 
 
I've always loved vintage looking crates, especially with casters, so while antiquing in Show Low I found a set that I knew would be perfect on it.
I love that they swivel, and that they're rusty and beat up.
 
A few small screws and it was done!


Hello gorgeous!
Thanks Heath and Bettijo! We LOVE it!
 

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That float was amazing! Their last name is Hirschi? My grandmothers maiden name was Hirschi! We must be related.

Archive