Friday, May 23, 2014

Last Day of School- 2014

We did it! We survived another school year, with 4 kids in three schools.
Thursday, May 22nd was the last day for 3 of the kids, Emily had finished 8th grade the day before, and had a promotion ceremony that night. Of course, I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to trust me when I say she looked BEAUTIFUL in a new blue dress as she walked with her class down the high school football field.
 
Abby also had a little "promotion" ceremony at the elementary school. I can't believe she's done with 6th grade and will be off to middle school in the fall.
 
Since Emily was done, she came with me to celebrate Abby.
 
What a sweet girl she is!

 
These two have been best friends since kindergarten.
 
She's going to miss her teacher too!
 
After school we did our ceremonial "dumping of the school binders and backpacks".
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of stuff they've accumulated, and by how trashed their folders and binders are by the end of the year.

 
It feels good to dump it!
 

Overall, it was a great year. The kids kept their grades up (for the most part). In fact, Mackenzie received a special award this year. She was the ONLY kid in the whole 3rd grade to get straight A's the entire year. That's pretty impressive considering she's in the gifted program for math and reading, and has lots of work!
I'm going to miss my quiet house during the day, but I'm excited to have them home and start our fun summer schedule.

No comments:

Archive