Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Art School Portrait

Indulge me today as I take a trip down memory lane.
We cleaned out our garage last week, which gave me the opportunity to sort through a ton of art from my college days. They brought back such great memories of that time in my life. I've pulled out a few that I'll be sharing over the next month or so. I'll start with this portrait I did as a Freshman. I remember finding this image in an old book, and being intrigued by his face. The assignment was pointillism, done in pen and ink.
Look closely.......his image is made up entirely of dots.
 
 Bazillions of them.
 
I LOVED doing this kind of work back then. It took a long time, but was so fun.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the patience for it now.
 

1 comment:

F Montierth said...

I love pointillism! I had a friend give me one for my birthday in grade school that I've kept all these years. I was amazed at the amount of work and how the proximity of dots could do so much to shape. I love the character in the face you've chosen!

Archive