Monday, January 27, 2014

Removing the Popcorn Ceiling

 
Last Friday was a big day. The popcorn ceiling in my family room and dining room came down. It would not have been possible without the help of my dad- who did the lions share of the work.
 
The process was pretty easy. I used a weed sprayer, filled with water, and sprayed a small section of the ceiling at a time. My dad followed behind me with the scraper and a plastic bin- which caught the majority of the mess.
 
It came off like dusty,wet oatmeal.

Periodically I'd dump the bin into the trash and sweep up what hit the floor. The messiest part was sanding it at the end. My dad looked a bit like a powdered donut.
 
Here's a shot of it fully scraped.
Today I'm hiding myself away upstairs while a couple of professionals are doing the texturing.
Tomorrow I'll paint, clean, and move everything back in.
I'm so excited!
Thanks dad- couldn't have done it without you.

No comments:

Archive