Thursday, May 8, 2014

Washington DC Part 5

If you're still reading my blog, thanks for sticking with me through all these vacation posts- this is the last one, I promise.
 
We left Fredericksburg on our last full day and drove to George Washington's Mount Vernon.
This is one of my favorite places. If you go to DC, it's worth the trip.


The home and the land is stunning.




 



I love the view of the Potomac from the back of the house.



 
We toured the house, walked the grounds, and explored the visitor center.




Since we had our rental and a few more hours in the day, we drove to Arlington National Cemetery.
 
We walked the cemetery, and saw a few of the famous sights including Kennedy's grave, and the tomb of the unknown soldier.
 
 


 
We caught most of the changing of the guard.
 
 

 It was the perfect end to a perfect trip.
I hope the kids will always remember this trip, and the amazing things they saw and learned.
 

 

No comments:

Archive