Thursday, August 14, 2014

DIY Wood Slice Welcome Sign

I can't take credit for this idea, I saw a version on Pinterest, but I do have to say, I like my version better! This is a super easy DIY project that cost less than twelve bucks.
 
 
I bought the wood slice (with a coupon), along with everything else, at Hobby Lobby.

I knew I had two options for the chalkboard shape. A perfect oval, or an irregular oval that mimicked the shape of the wood slice. I opted for the perfect oval. The easiest way to do this was to draw and print it from my computer, cut it out, and use it as a stencil.
 
I then painted on two even coats of chalkboard paint.
 
For the bow I used this fun herringbone wired ribbon.




 
Be sure to let the chalkboard paint fully dry, and then prime the chalkboard with an even layer of chalk before writing on it.
 
Totally easy, totally cute!

No comments:

Archive