Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Washington DC Part 3

On our third day, we woke up early in order to get down to the Holocaust museum before it opened. You have to get a timed ticket to get in and it fills up fast. We were lucky and got a pass to go in 45 minutes after it opened. My mom, and the three oldest kids and I went in, while Lee and my dad took Mackenzie next door to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving. They met us inside the lobby after the tour.
I'm so glad my kids got to see it. It's such a special, reverent place.
 

I hope they never forget it.

 
We left the museum and headed down to the Jefferson Memorial. This is probably the prettiest walk in DC.
 


 
Look at that view!
 
Seriously Joshua......look at that view.

The kids did their favorite pose, the "push, pull, point, pow!"




A bit more walking led us to the FDR Memorial.

 





Our final stop was at the MLK Memorial. It was pretty cool.
The sky was darkening, and we knew rain was coming, so we made the long walk back to the hotel with a quick stop for dinner before the rain hit.
It was another great day in the city!

 

No comments:

Archive